Friday, June 10, 2011

Wake up and two years gone by

Two days from now, two years ago, two dogs and two states later, 
I made one of those really good life decisions.



My best friend decided he would spend the rest of his mountain-climbing, dog-chasing, people-fixing, bicycle-riding, mac and cheese-eating life with me. Here's to not getting sappy, but geez, our little life is good. People tell us over and over how fast time goes and with age how it continues to speed up. I can attest to that. As kids every single second is spent learning new things, hearing new sounds and gaining new experiences. Though I try to keep this mentality, life gets busy. Two years ago we got hitched as started a self-perpetuating roller coaster with the two of us sitting shotgun, Lyle almost a full year into his physical therapy program and me, well, figuring out where I'm supposed to be in this big writing world. But, amidst the whirlwind of passing one another in the doorway as our opposite schedule collide for just a few minutes at a time, things are working the way we want. In metaphoric terms, we see the light at the end of the tunnel. The past two years have been exciting, full of change and a foundation       whatever decides to come next.   

No comments:

Post a Comment